By: Anonymous: Stan ()  Monday, 16 November 2009 @ 11:31 AM ICT (Read 2557 times)  

The Improve Braking by using Braided Brake Lines article a few weeks back was very informative. However, brake fluid is 'Hygroscopic,' not 'hydroscopic.' This is an all-too-common mistake. Hygroscopic means to 'readily take up and retain moisture.' Hydroscopic isn't even a word I think.

By: news (offline)  Monday, 16 November 2009 @ 11:34 AM ICT  

Hi Stan,

Hydroscopic is a word. It refers to 'an instrument that can detect water.' But hygroscopic is the correct word as you pointed out... Embarrased



Group Comfort
: +34
Registered:: 27/08/07

Posts: 2028
2 posts :: Page 1 of 1