By: davidstipek (offline)  Sunday, 05 November 2017 @ 12:16 PM ICT (Read 238 times)  

Hi everyone I have a Rectifier/Regulator issue that will sooner or later get me in trouble. I have a highly Modified Bike using a Suzuki Crystal RC110E motor. First for some back-ground, Motor has been Bored and Sleeved to 133cc from 110cc. everything has been switched to DCV on bike. Generator is fine we get an output of 14.2 VDC-15.6 VDC when running. Issue is factory Regulator dumps anything above 11.8 VDC when bike is shut off. Rectifier/Regulator is a 4 wire system (White, Yellow, Red, Black) I need something that will maintain 12.5 VDC - 14.0 VDC. Either as one unit or separate Rectifier, Regulator.

Bike had no issues when bore and compression were at Factory levels.

Any Ideas and wiring into system notes?

Can I use a 5 wire system (3 Yellow, Red, Black) and just ignore one of the yellow?
David

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: davidstipek (offline)  Wednesday, 08 November 2017 @ 01:07 PM ICT  

Well, I at least thought Suzuki Thailand would Chime up a fix/answer.... I think those there that helped in the building of Dragster may have Retired....

Maybe we need to Re-do Bike and use Honda 2T Engine...

Bike does well as it sits.. will almost do 8th Mile Wheelie, Bars help transfer up torque to the rear wheel keeping me at a height max of 3" @ speed consistently 158 - 164 MPH (254.2536 - 263.9088 KPH). At 12,500 RPM. On 120 Octane Avgas/Alcohol and Castrol mix...

Just Electrical issue with Battery and Stock Rectifier/Regulator issue.

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Anonymous: davidstipek ()  Monday, 13 November 2017 @ 08:36 PM ICT  

Quote by: davidstipek

Hi everyone I have a Rectifier/Regulator issue that will sooner or later get me in trouble. I have a highly Modified Bike using a Suzuki Crystal RC110E motor. First for some back-ground, Motor has been Bored and Sleeved to 133cc from 110cc. everything has been switched to DCV on bike. Generator is fine we get an output of 14.2 VDC-15.6 VDC when running. Issue is factory Regulator dumps anything above 11.8 VDC when bike is shut off. Rectifier/Regulator is a 4 wire system (White, Yellow, Red, Black) I need something that will maintain 12.5 VDC - 14.0 VDC. Either as one unit or separate Rectifier, Regulator.

Bike had no issues when bore and compression were at Factory levels.

Any Ideas and wiring into system notes?

Can I use a 5 wire system (3 Yellow, Red, Black) and just ignore one of the yellow?
David

I added a small Diode 1/4x1/4x3/4 in size in aluminum box. Has 2 male spade connectors to plug in factory harness. I attached this to red lead from rectifier and to lead to battery. purpose to allow DCV to flow and charge battery but when key off retain 12.4-12.8 volts at battery and not let fed back to regulator and dump down to 11.8 VDC. Generator output at idle is 12.4 VDC and running 14.5-14.8 VDC. so far Battery seems to be retaining voltage ok. after bike off for 24hrs digital Voltmeter shows 12.4-12.8 VDC when key turned on and bike starts right up.

Any ideas on this? Is this going to lead to other issues down the road? Voltmeter is mounted next to Tach so we can monitor any sign of overcharging...

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1