By: Anonymous: FIM Asia SuperMoto ()  Monday, 09 October 2017 @ 06:21 PM ICT (Read 562 times)  

CENTRAL JAVA, INDONESIA, 9 OCTOBER 2017 – Tension rises for the Indonesian duo as dates are counting down for the 2017 FIM Asia SuperMoto Championship. With less than a week remain, home riders Farhan Hendro and Pedro Wuner discuss their preparation for the upcoming race.

Q: This would be Pedro’s second attempt competing on home ground for the championship title. What goes through your mind at this point?
PW: Exciting as ever. FIM Asia SuperMoto Championship has always been every SuperMoto rider’s dream to compete and strive for the top. I am honoured to represent Indonesia to compete for the second time at home.

Q: As for Farhan, this is your first attempt in the championship, and it seemed like you are performing well. While this is your first attempt to compete at home, is there any expectation?
FH: I believe competing at home would be easier compared to other circuits as I am adapted to the weather, the environment and the road’s condition in Indonesia. I know that all eyes during would be on us, but those will be the motivation for us to strive and bring the ultimate prize for the country. We hope that our fans can cheer for us during the race.

Q: Who do you think is your biggest rival in the championship?
PW: Other than Farhan, I guess it would be everyone else, especially those who are leading such as Lewis Cornish, Trakarn Thangthong, Marcel Van Drunen, Muhd Habibullah and Khairy Zakaria.

FH: I would have to agree on that. Everyone is our rival on track. However, we are all friends when we are not racing.

Q: What are the preparations for the race?
PW: Our team, Samarinda D’Jagung and their crews have dedicated their time and effort to train and modify our bikes. Having the race in Indonesia has its advantage as we would have more access to equipment and tools suited for Indonesia’s environment. I believe that this will be an excellent opportunity for us to show Indonesia our capabilities and professionalism in SuperMoto.

FH: Our team were constructive. We even sat for a strategy meeting to seek at every available opportunity.

Q: What are the strategies discussed to overcome the obstacles and top running riders?
FH: That is a top secret. *laugh*. The only way to find out would be during the race itself.

Q: Before we end, any words for your fans?
PW: The championship is growing, and we are glad that the Indonesia community has been supportive. We will put our best foot forward during the race and hopefully win the pride for the country.

FH: Come down to The Park Mall and root for us. Give us the strength and energy to win.*laugh*. But of course I would like to thank all our supporters for their continuous support and words of encouragement. We will fight till the end.

The 2017 FIM Asia SuperMoto Championship – Indonesia will commence on 14 and 15 October 2017, from 10:00AM to 6:00PM (+7:00GMT) at The Park Mall, Kota Surakarta, Central Java, Indonesia.

Stream the championship live in HD for free at www.twenty3.tv powered by E-Plus Global.

For more information, visit www.supermotoasia.com.

FIM Asia SuperMoto Championship is organised by E-Plus Global Sdn Bhd; promoted by Asia Supersports Group; sanctioned by FIM Asia and Indonesian Motor Association (IMI); co-sponsored by Bold Xperience, and supported by Malaysia Major Events, a division of Malaysia Convention & Exhibition Bureau (an agency under the Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia), Kabupaten Sukoharjo, Bikenation Motorsports Sdn Bhd, SMM Asia Holdings, KRACKER Indonesia, The Park Mall, Telkomsel, Telkom, Solo Radio, Fave Hotel, Norifumi, Liputan6.com, Bola.com, Vidio.com, Indriati Hospital, Malay Mail, Kelab Blogger Ben Ashaari, and TX Sports.

1 posts :: Page 1 of 1