By: Anonymous: Kondiao ()  Thursday, 09 January 2014 @ 09:58 PM ICT (Read 2591 times)  

I bought my Honda PCX 150 from Chiang Mai Gate Honda and I would not recommend these people to anyone. They gave me a hard time since the day I went to pick up the bike - having changed the terms from what we agreed on - and every time I took it in for the warranty tune-ups and for problems. They stalled me for 3 months before finally getting it registered, and giving me the Green Book. and a license plate - which reads Koen Kean, not Chiang Mai. Now that I am thinking of selling the machine - thinking of travelling on to other countries - I am worried about this. The bike was new when I bought it so there was no license plate or registration. But I cannot understand why the plate is for a different city. Some Thai friends say that the police would hassle me for having a registration for the wrong city. And if I sell it will the authorities claiim I did something illegal by trying to pass of the bike as a Chiang Mai bike when the plate inidcates it was first sold in Koen Kean? Don't tell me to go back and talk to those thieves - they just lie to me and disrespect me every time.

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 09 January 2014 @ 10:46 PM ICT  

If you have all the paperwork, basically greenbook, you or the new owner can easily transfer the registration to another city.



Group Comfort
: +34
Registered:: 27/08/07

Posts: 2028
By: Anonymous: Kondiao ()  Friday, 10 January 2014 @ 01:47 PM ICT  

Thank you for for the info.

By: Anonymous: herboxxl ()  Monday, 13 January 2014 @ 07:24 PM ICT  

I live in Chonburi and bought a 2nd hand bike with a Bangkok plate.

I went to the office of land transportation to change the name.

But coz no one of the staff there was able to help me they told me to go to an agent (but at this moment i thought it is an official)

I gave all my documents including the green book and she said she will send it to Bkk. After 2 month and some calls the book was back.

Then i asked for a new plate and she told me i can use the old one. I check the book and there is my name, my current address from Chonburi - Pattaya and the number from the plate is also registered in the green book.

So check if your name, address and plate number is in the book - if yes i cannot imagine that you will be in trouble with police.

And even to sell the bike should be no problem, as long the name and address in the book is the same as on the certificate of residence (which is needed for transfer to the new owner).

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1