By: Anonymous: Peter ()  Monday, 15 December 2008 @ 11:57 AM ICT (Read 3149 times)  

I can buy a bike from an expat in Bangkok who will leave Thailand soon. I'm interested to buy his bike. Can anyone tell what, where, how etc. I gotta do to get this bike legally, to get it regstred, licenseplated and insured.

Thanks guys/girls Smile

By: Anonymous: Buddy, Phitsanulok ()  Sunday, 28 December 2008 @ 11:08 AM ICT  


I've been here for 23 years, living and working here. I owned and operate a registered company for several years and during this period I looked into the same issue.

Check with the cutoms offices in the area. If it was brought in from another country by the expat and has registration in that country, it may be entered on his passport. If that's the case, you may be able to transfer it to your passport. What this does is, prevents you from leaving the country without it. It must be take out of the country. This could pose problems if you travel in and out of Thailand alot, like I do.

Otherwise, you can go ahead and pay the taxes due and probably get it legally registered and licensed here. Again, check at the customs/immagrations office in your area.

Good Luck!
Buddy, Phitsanulok

By: Larsbo (offline)  Sunday, 28 December 2008 @ 11:25 AM ICT  

Quote by: Buddy, Phitsanulok


I Hi just se your answer to Peter.

I have seen some very cheap bikez on the net, but when cheap they never have a green book or sometimes no plate.

Can you get an thirdpart insurance if no green book ?

Is it possiply to get a plate with no green book.?

Is there a way to check if a bike are a stolen one before you buy ?

I will only use a big bike very little, like a short ride to big bike treff, local bike show, and a short one hour tour a few times a month.




Group Comfort
: 0
Registered:: 28/12/08

Posts: 1
3 posts :: Page 1 of 1