By: Matty (offline)  Monday, 28 July 2008 @ 07:47 PM ICT (Read 3287 times)  

i would like to buy a new Honda wave or icon (125cc or similar) or even a similar model from Yamaha or Kawasaki. Is there any special requirements for a foreigner tourist to own a motorcycle in thailand?
I visit Thailand about twice a year for a month at a time and will be leaving the motorbike in Thailand with trustworthy friends ( who i will allow to use the bike )
Is it possible for me to buy, own and licence this motorbike in my name.
Kop Khun Krub



Group Comfort
: +2
Registered:: 13/07/08

Posts: 89
By: Anonymous: Jabinthai ()  Monday, 28 July 2008 @ 08:33 PM ICT  

My understanding is you need a work permit to be able to register it in your name. At least that is what I needed (and had). Work permit and passport with non-tourist visa.

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1