By: Anonymous: raythevet ()  Wednesday, 02 March 2011 @ 09:59 PM ICT (Read 9810 times)  

I am into drag to drag racing and my category is 200 cc..just a modification of honda 110 cc underbone.i am asking if it is easy to convert carburator type of machine into fuel injected type?how much it will cost?I am ray from the Philippines.

By: Anonymous: William ()  Thursday, 03 March 2011 @ 12:46 PM ICT  

Changing a motorcycle from carburettor to a EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) isn't that easy, especially if the manufacturer doesn't produce a EFI model of the same motorcycle. Even if a motorcycle manufacturer makes both a carburettor and EFI model the differences between the two motorcycles is often to much, and to costly to just upgrade the carburettor motorcycle with a fuel-injection system. Think like the complete overhaul of the motorcycle electronics, including some engine parts – like ignition system and complete different electrical wiring, different fuel-tank – including fuel-pump, throttle body, injectors, more heat resistant combustion chamber.... probably I can think of a few more things why its better to just sell the bike and buy a fuel-injection model.....

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Thursday, 03 March 2011 @ 02:09 PM ICT  


For drag racing you won't get any more out of a 200 cc bike with FI than you will with a carburettor. If you don't have a four valve head or at least a big valve head you will get more by buying one of those. I've been to bike drags here and didn't see one with FI.
Having said that I did see an FI kit once for Monkey Bikes.


Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
: +6
Registered:: 23/04/10

Posts: 316
By: Richard (offline)  Thursday, 03 March 2011 @ 06:13 PM ICT  

Most drag-racers here (Thailand) are still using two-stroke engines, seem that they are unbeatable...



Group Comfort
: +10
Registered:: 01/10/07

Posts: 238
4 posts :: Page 1 of 1