By: Anonymous: Freediver ()  Sunday, 24 February 2008 @ 03:43 PM ICT (Read 7338 times)  

Hello to al the Motorcycle fan of Thailand! My name is Paolo, i came from Italy, and i go to a long trip with my motorcycle in Isan.
Anyway, for the trip i use a Ktm sc 620, i send in Bangkok and after i take it. So i ask 2 questions:

1-Where can i do a good insurance for my bike?
2-I change the documents of the bike in Thai language or it's possible to ride with Italian documents?
3-and for insurance, it's possible to do with internet??

opppppssssss! 3 questions!! Sorry Roll Eyes

Have good trip !!


By: Lady-Rider (offline)  Monday, 25 February 2008 @ 09:10 AM ICT  

Hi Paolo,

I know some insurance company in Bangkok, but I need a bit more information about your motorcycle; how old of your motorcycle? Roll Eyes

If you touch my bike I will touch your man


Group Comfort
: 0
Registered:: 20/01/08

Posts: 4
By: Anonymous: Freediver ()  Monday, 25 February 2008 @ 12:41 PM ICT  

Thank you for answer me Ladyrider! The year of my bike is 1997, if you want other informations i send you with e mail ...

Thank you very much for all

sawasdee krup!! Cool

By: Anonymous: Befree_ride ()  Monday, 25 February 2008 @ 02:17 PM ICT  

Hi Ladyrider,

I got great interest from your answer to Paolo question about bike insurans....

I'm leaving in Bkk and I'm riding an Hayabusa K2 after many research I was not able to insure my bike properly except the traditionnal insurans which covers you and a third party in case of accident but nothing for the bike.....

I met an accident last January, all bike repairs are from my deseperate bank account and for my own injuries I got a maximum of 15000 Baht for a broken clavicle which is far away of what cost me and going to cost me.....but what can you expect from a 800 Baht contract....anyway I did not find any insurans able to provide me a good contract so if you know some....I'm really interested to provide to my bike a proper coverage....

The bike should be ready to ride this week-end, the rider will need few more forget about this week-end trackday in BIRA.....

By: Lady-Rider (offline)  Tuesday, 26 February 2008 @ 02:34 PM ICT  

Yah..... I did not find the good motorcycle insurance yet. The update information from Paolo, the motor bike is older than 2 years then the insurance is cover you and a third party in case of accident as Befree_ride insurance for your bike.

But if I can find a good insurance company that cover your bike and a third party I will update as soon as possible.

Ride Safe,
Lady-Rider Razz

If you touch my bike I will touch your man


Group Comfort
: 0
Registered:: 20/01/08

Posts: 4
By: Anonymous: Befree_ride ()  Tuesday, 26 February 2008 @ 03:08 PM ICT  

Hi Ladyrider.

In case you are able to find it keep us posted, anyway thanks for your research.

V. Befree_ride.

By: Anonymous: Freediver ()  Thursday, 28 February 2008 @ 08:39 PM ICT  

Thank you Ladyrider for explain me the problems for insurance in your country.
Well, i think it's necessary for me to protect me and ather people (and veichles) from damage i can do with accident.
My bike is old and an anduro model, a ktm 620 sc and not cost a lot, if i make damage to my bike, nevermind,
If you know a option to make safe others and me when i drive...........

otherwise you can write me at

Thank you very much


By: news (offline)  Friday, 29 February 2008 @ 03:10 PM ICT  

Hi Paolo,

It is best that you have for the most important papers an English translation. And not forget, it is best that you have an international driver's license with you.

For a motorcycle, like you have, the insurance with foreign registration it is about 2000 Baht (which is +/-42 Euro)

Hope this helps, if you need any insurance company information I'm sure we can find it for you.




Group Comfort
: +34
Registered:: 27/08/07

Posts: 2028
By: Lady-Rider (offline)  Friday, 29 February 2008 @ 04:52 PM ICT  

Hi Paolo, I got a little update for you today. Your bike is more than 150CC the cost is 654 baht (but if other broker companies are cost around 1,500-2,000 baht). Accident: If you got an accident they will pay as the bill but not more than 15,000 baht and in case if died then got 35,000 baht. But if had an accident with both sides but no body accept who is wrong in the case then; pay as the bill but not more than 50,000 baht for both sides, but if died pay for 100,000 baht for the family of the dead. Document needed: The register of license plate only. (Better need to translate to English) I hope you understand my English, but if you don't understand some of my words then you can ask me quickly here. Then I will come and try to explain to you. For other coming update I will tell later, because today I don't have much time... busy busy!!!! By the way when you come to Thailand, if you want to know about Unseen places in Thailand then you may visit my website at : And don't forget to update your stories in Thailand, I will always welcome to read it!!!

If you touch my bike I will touch your man


Group Comfort
: 0
Registered:: 20/01/08

Posts: 4
By: Anonymous: freediver ()  Saturday, 01 March 2008 @ 05:30 PM ICT  

Thank you Ladyrider for suggest me what i can do when i go there. Now i go to organize my trip, i think i start from bangkok and go to the south on andaman coast.
It is possible to make insurance when i arrive in Airport? And it's possible also to have some choices of insurances?
I have international licence drive, next days i go to offices to make that.
And of course, i make a lot of pics and reportage of my trip!!! Mr. Green

Have nice day thank for all

Paolo Big Grin

10 posts :: Page 1 of 1


Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

  •  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Other polls | 819 votes | 0 Comments
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association
There are no upcoming events
What's New
Comments  last 2 days
Motorcycle Thailand on Facebook
Motorcycle Thailand on Facebook
My Account