Heavy thunderstorm and showers spoiled Movistar Yamaha MotoGP's testing plans, leaving the team no choice but to postpone their schedule until their private test at Motorland Aragón later this week.
After a perfect weekend at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, the Movistar Yamaha MotoGP team was disappointed to not be able to get out on track today at the Official IRTA test due to a heavy thunderstorm and showers.
Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi were scheduled to testing some new solutions and items in the afternoon, but were unable to do so as the rainy conditions were too severe to make their times comparable with those of the previous days. The team patiently waited, but with no sign of improvement in the weather conditions after 13:45pm the team was forced to postpone their testing plans. They look forward to their private test held in Aragon in the next two days.
Massimo Meregalli - Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Team Director
'Today ultimately we decided not to go out to test due to the weather conditions. There were some heavy thunderstorms and rain conditions that made our plans for testing at Montmeló literally fall into the water. We were planning on trying a brand-new chassis with both riders in an effort to improve corner entry. We also wanted to check on some small details, but it didn't make sense to test in these conditions. Fortunately we can look forward to traveling to Aragon for some testing in the coming days, so we still have enough time to tryout the new pieces. We will work focusing right now on the second part of the season and especially for Assen.'